Friday, August 7, 2009

Where did the summer go?

Here it is, August already! School starts in just a few short days and it seems like the kids just got out. I'm a little sad, but really...they are ready to go back. Everyone is done with so much quality time together. It seems there are a lot more brawls and sibling angst than normal. The Staples commercial with Dad dancing around the store with the cart to the tune of "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the year" is hitting a deep chord with me.

I had big plans...the girls were going to learn their times tables and how to do laundry. We were going to hit a few of the museums. We actually made a list of ideas of things to do. I'm guessing we're about 1/4 of the way through. I don't really feel like a loser, except for the math. Who can blame them? They may be genetically wired to love literature and hate math...not sure where they would get that :)

We did have an amazing road trip together. We celebrated 4 out of 6 family members birthdays in a period of less than two weeks. We've waited patiently for Grandma's surgery date. I've learned to spell the word surgery, not surgury. Carter has learned to strip down, out of his jammies at night and sleep in the buff. He's a regular Houdini. A peeing Houdini. The girls have watched way too much TV. Jack has morphed into a boy and is ready for kindergarten, complete with Transformer backpack. Dave became an Ironman. I became an Ironwife. I don't thing you get a tatoo for that or anything, but it is an accomplishment, no less!

Yep, we're ready for the new school year. As soon as I can relearn how to get dinner on the table earlier than 7:30 at night! Summer '09, you were good to us!

No comments: