Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 1: Let Summer Road Trip '09 begin!!!!




Hooray!  We just pulled out of town.  We're heading to Idaho for Dave's Ironman, but we're taking the scenic route to get there.  The motorhome is packed to the gills...I think we packed the entire house.  We're hoping to make it to the north rim of the Grand Canyon by tonight, but it took forever to get out of the driveway!

Lunch is on the road, meaning the short order cook/waitress is in power motion.  I've throw organic, whole-wheat caution to the wind and it's "Uncrustables" on the menu.  The kids are thrilled, but I notice that not a single one of them finishes theirs.

The girls have turned the over cab bed into an American Girl Loft, complete with photos hanging from the ceiling.  It even smells like girl.  The boys have reign over the bunk beds, but are stuck in the carseats for the ride.  Carter is none too pleased.  He’s screaming, “Mommy, NO-NO, Mommy” as he fights his nap.  Only another 5 hours or so.

1 comment:

AZDonna said...

Jocelyn, I love your blogging! I secretly live out my camping memories and daydreams through your humorous writings. Blog on, girl! And have a wonderful, SAFE trip.