Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 9: Out of the water!




The swim start was incredible to watch! I didn't get great shots because there were so many people. I had Carter on my hip and a huge zoom lens over my head. When the buzzer went off, I thought I might throw up! Who's race is this?

At the hour, thirty mark, as promised- Dave come out of the water!!! It is nerve wracking, waiting for your athlete and hoping you haven't missed him or that the swim was going badly. It's a blast to watch the chaos that is wetsuit stripping. The tall people are all legs. I was estatic that this part was over!!!

We grabbed a breakfast pita and caught him in town on the bike. He didn't see us in the swim, but couldn't possibly miss my big mouth on the bike! He turned and smiled. He looked great. Happy and relaxed. Bring on the mountains!!!

2 comments:

BETTY said...

Dave, I was able to track you and I'm writing to say "Congratulations, you did awesome". Love, Betty

BETTY said...

Jocelyn, please give me a call. I see my surgeon on Thursday at 915A.
Love, Mom