Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 10: Time to Relax


Mellow day. We have lunch with Poppa, before he heads out to the airport in Spokane. After getting a coffee, we head home to lay around and watch TV and chill out. Mom does a ton of laundry in the creepy dungeon basement. Don’t think I’d ever get used to that place.

The house, on the other hand is adorable! It has all the old house charm I love. The wood floors are creeky, the water pressure will blow a hole through you (love it, though not very conservation friendly J) and the fireplace has art deco style details on it. I’ve mentally redecorated the entire house to suite us. The first thing I’d tackle would be the kitchen- go figure! Cooking on an electric stove has been enough of a challenge, but whoever owns the house obviously doesn’t cook! Without a colander, decent knives or even a large mixing bowl, I’m lost! I guess they figure a vacation home is for eating out, but they certainly haven’t attempted to dine out with 4 children! Cooking at home becomes a lot more appealing!

I’m cracking up that the kids just cant get enough of the “cool square ice” out of the ice trays. I can’t keep them out of the freezer, they think it’s so cool.

No comments: